Plunge Beach Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Prepares, seasons, and cooks breakfast menu items, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments by performing the following duties.
Breakfast Cook is expected to:
- Prepare all products to food standards for our breakfast outlets.
- Must be available to work early morning shifts beginning at 5 A.M. daily, inclusive of weekends and holidays.
- and follows all food handling requirements established by Department of Health
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of Egg Preparations, Pan Cakes, Waffles, Breakfast Meats
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles
- Follows recipes in food preparation for breakfast menu items.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, sauces, and other batches for hotel outlets
- Minimizes waste through appropriate food storage and rotation
- Practices safety standards for handling of all equipment and insures quality presentations of food items while maintaining appropriate portion control for profitability
- Follow appropriate timing standards for preparation of food for all products
- Cook all items according to specification requirements including temperatures, times, and holding procedures
- Maintains correct par inventory and prepping for daily guest counts and continues to update counts throughout the day to insure sufficient supply
- Insure proper food portions are being used as per specs.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully Perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: Education:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum six months related experience and/or training preferred.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time
Current Job Openings
at Plunge Beach Hotel