Restaurant Server (AM)
Hyatt Regency Houston Intercontinental Hotel, Houston, TX
Serves meals to patrons in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Provides beverage service within 3 minutes from time guest was seated.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it within 3 minutes from time seated.
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Serves patrons meals within the 20 minute time period.
- Completes a checkback within 2 minutes after customer receives meal
- Associate makes every effort to obtain customers name and use it a minimum of 2 times during the meal.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to Cashier within 1 minute of time requested.
- Associate is in full uniform (including name tag) at all times.
- Ladles soup, tosses salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services as determined by establishment's size and practices.
- Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each course and completely resets table within 5 minutes of time customer departs.
- When approached with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself at all times to assist customer in resolving the problem.
- Associate will become a resident expert on in-house information along with local information to assist customer when questioned on these two areas.
- Assist host/hostess in the seating of customers when needed.
- Completion of all opening, running (during service time), and closing sidework assigned each shift.
- Assist co-workers when needed throughout the shift.
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned.
- Use of proper serving procedures as outlined in the certification/training program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three months related experience and/or training.