Plunge Beach Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in hotel including restaurants and outlets by performing the following duties.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs basic electrical fixtures, switches and outlets.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Maintains and repairs furnishings, benches, partitions, and other structures throughout the Hotel.
- Maintains a Preventive Maintenance Program within the rooms to insure they are being kept up to standards on a quarterly basis and the proper documentation is being recorded.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- When coming in contact with a customer, acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting is given at all times.
- Associate is able to assist customer on in house outlet information along with local information.
- Response to maintenance requests received from the housekeeping department is responded to within 10 minutes or less.
- Response to customer requests for maintenance assistance is responded to in 10 minutes or less.
- Parking Lot and Grounds will be patrolled on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- Pool chemical testing must be completed a minimum of once a day.
- Emergency lighting is to be checked a minimum of once a week.
- In-room smoke detectors are to be checked monthly.
- Customers name will be used at all times upon entering a room to repair a maintenance request.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will have the knowledge to be empowered to assist the customer in resolving the problem.
- Keep a daily maintenance log of all work performed on all areas of the hotel/motel.
- Comply with all OSHA standards and be aware of any potential chemical hazards and the protective equipment needs in handling them.
- Maintain property exterior curb appeal and landscaping per company procedure and standards.
One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1-3 years experience in related field preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, & Life Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation & Sick/Personal Days
- Hotel Discount Program
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Current Job Openings
at Plunge Beach Hotel