Food and Beverage Director
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria, Atlanta, GA
Coordinates food service activities of hotel, restaurant, or similar establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
What You Will Be Doing
- Heavy empathize on the culinary operations to include directly training of cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service.
- Estimates food and beverage costs and requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Confers with food preparation and other personnel to plan menus and related activities such as dining room, bar, and banquet operations.
- Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations. Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions food stuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Supervises Banquet staff and operations including menu development, food costing, food preparation and service delivery.
- Work with Banquet Manager and Catering sales staff in developing and marketing local catering promotions including wedding packages, Christmas parties, office parties, local meetings, holiday functions, packages and charity events.
- Ensures excellence in food and beverage service delivery.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager.
- Four-year college or university program certificate; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ServSafe Certified preferred
- Two to four years related experience and/or training in hotels and/or restaurants.
- Two or more years of chef experience preferred
- Bonus/Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision and more)
- Vacations/Sick/Personal Days
- 401(k) - Employer Match
- Hotel and F&B Discounts
- Career Development/Training Opportunities/Growth
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria
- Bellman/Shuttle Driver
- Breakfast Cook
- Food and Beverage Director
- Front Office Supervisor
- Hotel Front Desk Agent
- Hotel Night Auditor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Human Resources Manager
- Kitchen Manager
- Maintenance Engineer
- Restaurant Server (PM)
- Room Attendant/Suite Keeper
- Room Service Server