Human Resources Manager
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria, Atlanta, GA
What you will be doing
Coordinate recruitment and hiring processes; coach the property managers on progressive discipline practices and key employee relations matters. Facilitate the administration of brand/management company trainings, recognition programs, safety activities and Workers’ Compensation case management. Coordinate the administration, enrollment and communication of and adherence to procedures relative to employee benefits.
- Ensure all recruiting, hiring, orientation, training, termination, disciplinary and compliances processes are followed as outlined by the hotel management company.
- Act as system administrator, responsible for managing and directing the operation and maintenance of the entire HRIS system. Provide first line of support for managers and supervisors.
- Assist in the efficient and timely recruitment and hiring of employees for the hotel through established policies and procedures. Develop broad-based recruiting/resource contacts, reduce applicant quantity and increase applicant quality. Coordinate in-house transfers and promotions.
- Coordinate payroll processing and labor expense management practices for the property.
- Monitor execution of regularly scheduled pay increases, in conjunction with the timely administration of the line staff performance appraisal system. Input other personnel actions into HRIS system.
- Provide “first line of defense” in the management of workers’ compensation claims. Act as the hotel’s liaison with workers’ compensation carrier to ensure prompt and thorough review of open claims and to ensure that claims are closed as quickly as possible. Maintain required OSHA reporting system.
- Coordinate and assist in conducting new hire orientation and service improvement related trainings.
- Provide tools, resources and coaching for managers in progressive discipline and termination processes.
- Ensure all associates complete training as required by the brand.
What's required to be considered
- Two to four years of human resource experience or operations management required, preferably in a hotel environment.
- Four-year college or university program certificate; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
- Intermediate to proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently using good judgment and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain exceptional degree of discretion regarding confidential information.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision and more)
- Vacations/Sick/Personal Days
- 401(k) - Employer Match
- Hotel and F&B Discounts
- Career Development/Training Opportunities/Growth
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria
- Bellman/Shuttle Driver
- Breakfast Cook
- Food and Beverage Director
- Front Office Supervisor
- Hotel Front Desk Agent
- Hotel Night Auditor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Human Resources Manager
- Kitchen Manager
- Maintenance Engineer
- Restaurant Server (PM)
- Room Attendant/Suite Keeper
- Room Service Server