Plunge Beach Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, FL
To provide the General Manager, and all Department Heads with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data which will increase the management effectiveness for each department.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for batching invoices in the MIS system within 48 hours from time of receipt.
- Invoices batched and sent to Home Office every Tuesday and Friday.
- Ensures credit approval is authorized by the Home Office prior to the customers arrival date for any direct bills.
- Ensures that all direct bills are sent invoices no longer than three (3) days after check out date.
- Follows up on and documents any Direct Bill accounts over 45 days past due.
- Maintains a organized filing system for any Direct Bill accounts.
- Maintains all associate files, must have all paperwork updated at all times. Information must be accurate, orderly, legible and confidential.
- All new hire paperwork must be faxed to H.O. on same day as hired.
- Any associate payroll changes must be faxed to H.O. on the same day as the change is made with an effective day completed.
- Any termination or separation notices must be mailed to H.O. on the Monday following last pay period.
- Ensure all associates are given a completed separation notice on day of separation.
- Documents all city ledger checks to the check log and sends in to H.O. every Tuesday and Friday.
- Ensures all Incident Reports are completed and faxed to CNA and H.O. within 24 hours of incident.
- Ensure First Report of Injury is completed and faxed to CNA and H.O. with 24 hours of injury.
- Ensures the End of Month Packet is organized and sent in within the deadline date.
- Keeps the Liquor Check Register in order and send a copy to H.O. every Friday.
- Submits any Travel Agent Check Requests needed every Friday.
- Ensure the Uniquest files are backed up daily.
- Ensure the MIS files are backed up daily.
- Completes any Uniquest Software Updates weekly.
- Prepares financial analysis of operations through the HVMG MIS System.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll and accounts receivable documentation.
- Handles workers compensations and liabilities claims, maintains files with accurate updates.
- Assists management in the administration of personnel policies.
- Advises management in regards to insurance claims, workers compensation claims, and insurance coverage updates for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Responds to any credit card chargebacks within forty eight (48) hours.
- Ensure vendor telephone calls are responded to within four (4) working hours.
- Ensure HVMG telephone calls are responded to within four (4) working hours.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
- Verifies bank deposit to ensure validated amount matches reported amount on the Daily Managers Report.
- Counts and verifies the safe and bank(s) counts daily.
- Ensure all vouchers are completed on any Adjustments, Voids and Paid Outs.
- Submits Petty Cash receipts for reimbursement weekly.
- Ensures all house accounts are brought to a zero balance nightly.
- Ensures proper approval procedures are being received on all purchases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Current Job Openings
at Plunge Beach Hotel