DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, Mahwah, NJ
Excellent opportunity for a seasoned Culinary professional to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Mahwah!
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Lead and instruct kitchen staff in details of preparing menu items. Oversees food preparation during meal periods including special events.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- Develop menus with food preparation and presentation standards. Ensure that all standards of Excellence are upheld while maintaining proper health and safety codes ensuring a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities
- Maintain responsibility for the hiring, training and proficiency of all culinary employees, including the performance reviews, assigning and directing work; rewarding and coaching employees.
- Be responsible for the execution of all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
- Meet the financial targets while achieving the food quality and service objectives. Control the Culinary budgeting process, i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. and all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation along with menu concept and design.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability manage a large and busy kitchen that services the restaurant and banquets.
- Creative, current on food and industry trends.
- Must be able to manage all BOH standards, food and labor costs, have strong culinary skills and excellent communication skills.
Education & Experience
Two year degree in Culinary Arts; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years experience as an Executive Chef in a hotel environment
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts