Vice President of Business Development - Hotels/Resorts
Hospitality Ventures Management Group, Atlanta, GA
We are proud to share HVMG has been named - AJC Top Workplace 2019
Who you will be working with
A team of driven and talented professionals who are goal oriented and enjoy closing deals! You will work collaboratively and have the opportunity to work with diverse group of excellent, fun people!
What you will be doing..
The VP of Business Development will be a key member of the senior management team that contributes to the growth of the HVMG Hotel Portfolio including acquisitions, new development deals, equity and debt sourcing efforts, new properties; acquiring management contracts, conversion of existing assets, and ground-up construction development projects. You will have the proven ability to source and manage your own deal flow and work a deal from introduction to close. You may also assist with deals originated by others and have proven excellent business relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders. . Specific areas of responsibility include forming strategic alliances, negotiating partnerships and significantly growing the HVMG hotel portfolio through incremental and individual industry relationships.
- Raise new sources of equity/capital for our own equity investments and JV/acquisition opportunities
- Oversee all aspects of analyzing and assessing models and closing on acquisition, finance and management opportunities assigned by SVP & CBDO
- Lead the negotiation and due diligence process for all the above
- Perform complex modeling and analysis
- Negotiate and structure JV agreements and management agreements.
- Experience in negotiating Franchise License Agreements, Purchase & Sale Agreements, as well as loan documents
- Additional company point of contact for brokers and others for sourcing potential acquisitions/deals
- Develop and maintain excellent franchise and capital relationships
- Investigate and follow-through on maximizing ROI projects assigned by SVP & CBDO within existing portfolio (i.e. excess land sales/development, brand changes, major cap ex projects)
- Assist and sometimes lead the process and be point of contact for any hotel dispositions/asset sales assigned by SVP & CBDO
- Assist and sometimes lead with the execution of any necessary refinancing and/or restructuring of existing debt
- Attend major industry conferences
- Develop and maintain individual key strategic partner network for new business
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Contact capital partners, servicers, & lenders for JV and management opportunities
Contact REITs for JV, management, leasehold, off-market acquisition opportunities
Make contact with the various franchisors for management, acquisition, and new development opportunities, both value add and stabilized assets
Raise equity for ownership/investment opportunities
Seek debt capital providers for potential deals
Merchant development (i.e. REIT’s and other funds as end user)
Generate incremental fee income through the following sources:
Purchasing & Project Management Fees
Food & Beverage Consulting Fees
Maximize the return on investment of any/all equity investments
Expand our ability to own, JV, and manage hotels
Modeling and financial analysis of due diligence information to include but not limited to detailed financials, STR Reports, PIP, QA, GSS, and Market Data.
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university with a degree in business, preferably finance or accounting. MBA preferred.
Hospitality industry experience either corporate/ regional or on property.
Experience in the lodging industry to encompass one or more of the following: business development, operations experience or operational understanding of full-service or resort hotels; asset management/portfolio management; consulting and valuation; development or design and construction; experience within a brand or franchising company.Proven successful experience in an applicable role/environment.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays