DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, Mahwah, NJ
Who this job will appeal to: Are you a morning person who enjoys working with guests and have experience in food service and presentation? Are you an energetic, dependable, team player?
We are seeking a morning Breakfast Concierge to work from 5:30/6:00 am to 11:30 am daily. Busy hotel which is currently providing a cold, complimentary continental breakfast buffet to all of our guests. Responsible for set-up and tear down of breakfast buffet each morning, ensuring food presentation and quality is excellent! No food preparation is required. Not a position where vast culinary experience is necessary and we are willing to train. Must enjoy engaging with our guests and ensuring their breakfast needs are met.
What you will be doing
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy you are. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Ensure that the daily continental breakfast is presented on time, and with all approved food/beverage products in an excellent manner and refreshed when appropriate.
- Ensure the breakfast area is maintained, clean and organized at all times.
- Practice FIFO in food/beverage storage
- Assist management with weekly and monthly food and beverage inventory