Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria, Atlanta, GA
Plan, prep, set-up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
What you will be doing
- Maintain production charts according to department standards.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by the Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to departmental standards:
- Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timeliness for guest food orders.
- Ability to maintain good coordination.
- Ability to transport cases of received goods to work station; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
- Ability to work a five+ hour shift in hot, noisy and sometimes close conditions.
- Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved.
- Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ability to differentiate dates.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in the job functions.
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Must have own tools.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate in English with guest, coworkers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Two years experience as a Line Cook at a hotel or restaurant.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of culinary training or culinary school diploma.
- Sanitation certificate.
- Ability to take initiative in opportunity situations.
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria