Senior Real Estate Analyst- Hotels & Resorts
Hospitality Ventures Management Group, Atlanta, GA
What you will be doing....
This position is responsible for using and building sophisticated financial models to evaluate business opportunities, as well for developing and maintaining databases, matrices, and deal rolls and working with internal and external stakeholders resulting in new deals.
Who this job will appeal to...
A highly detailed individual, who loves collecting, analyzing and presenting data that will provide insight and information to key decision makers. You will take great pride in the accuracy and validity of your work.
The ideal candidate for this position...
You will be able to handle competing priorities in an effective manner, be skilled in interpreting statistical information. You will quickly understand the underlying needs of each project and present relevant information.
Who you will be working with....
A team of highly motivated, forward thinking, fast paced professionals.
What you will be doing
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and interpret underlying true needs.
- Perform in depth quantitative and qualitative analysis, including the creation of financial projections and evaluating the hotel in its competitive set, for proposed hotel acquisition opportunities.
- Investigate and filter potential acquisition and business development opportunities that may include mixed-use hotel platforms, single assets, and portfolios. Present initial filter to Business Development Team.
- Support the detailed analysis of filtered acquisitions and development opportunities by populating valuation models with financial and market data. Assist in the completion of detailed asset valuations using discounted cash flow, income capitalization, leveraged IRR, comparable sales and construction cost techniques.
- Gather, compile, and present economic, market and demographic data in formats pertinent to hotel transactions.
- Build integrated financial models for targeted acquisitions under different scenarios and perform valuation analyses.
- Maintain and update financial models that analyze potential acquisitions and development opportunities.
- Support various reviews and analysis of P&L and balance sheet, revenue management/group booking review, and STR reports.
- Assist in all aspects of preparing presentations, offering materials, RFP requests, and miscellaneous reports.
- Maintain Business Development Databases, Matrices, and Deal Rolls, as required.
- Assess feasibility and explore financing options for acquisitions based on liquidity, debt capacity, dilution, and valuation discounts and premiums.
- Provide support during due diligence process of targeted properties, to include but not limited to creating, compiling, writing, and packaging investor briefings, review of legal documentation, market analysis, feasibility assessment, and macro and micro property research.
- Facilitate the disposition of a property, such as supporting brokers in creating marketing materials, providing requested documentation during due diligence, communicating with the franchisor for transfer, if applicable.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed.Create ad-hoc reports leveraging M3 and other technology.
- Build models and track complex investor/owner waterfall disbursements for various entities.
- Work on multiple high priority projects concurrently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to create complex financial models in Excel and thorough understanding of advanced Excel macros, links, workbooks, formulas, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university with a degree in business, preferably Finance/Accounting. or Real Estate.
- MBA Preferred.
- Must have Real Estate expereince with Hotels & Resorts.
- Two or more years of proven successful experience in a similar role/environment.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays