Hotel Indigo Denver Downtown, Denver, CO
Plan, prep, set-up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Direct, train and monitor performance of line cooks. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work.
What you will be doing
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Meet with the Executive Chef/ Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Ensure that opening shift completes startup of kitchen line and designated prep work according to department procedures.
- Complete opening duties:
- Set up work station, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies.
- Ensure everything complies with standards.
- Check production schedule and pars with each station or every cook.
- Establish priority items for the day.
- Inform the Executive Chef or Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day’s tasks.
- Transport supplied from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Fabricate meat, fish and fowl for menu items when needed.
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Inform the Executive Chef/ Sous Chef of any shortages before items run out.
- Monitor performance of assigned staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Be aware of all guest counts and count all food amounts.
- Assist with inventories as scheduled.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Perform duties in other areas of the kitchen as assigned.
- Work at off premise functions.
- Three years experience as a cook at a hotel or restaurant.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to take initiative in opportunity situations.
Current Job Openings
at Hotel Indigo Denver Downtown