Housekeeping Houseman / Houseperson
Plunge Beach Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Amazing opportunity for an excellent Houseman / Houseperson to join Plunge Beach Hotel!
Responsibilities for this Position
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Cleans hallways, lobbies, corridors, elevators, stairways.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using brooms, mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies using vacuum cleaner.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes walls, ceiling and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Stocks room attendant’s carts with linen and room supplies.
- Strip or remove dirty linen to laundry room.
- Responsibility assumed for careful use of supplies issued for performance of cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Proper uniform worn at all times.
- Acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting given to each and every guest.
- Thorough knowledge of all in house products along with local area information to assist customer when needed.
- Proper organizational skills displayed when stocking carts.
- Team effort displayed in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
- Timely (within 10 minutes) response to customers’ needs for housekeeping supplies.
- Customer name used at all times upon entering an occupied room.
- Associate will empower himself/herself to accept any customer problem brought to their attention as their problem and do everything in their power to get the problem resolved.
- Associate will assist fellow associates in maintaining the storerooms in a clean, neat and organized state.
- Associate must display a team attitude and assist co-workers when the need arises.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Less than high school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to one month related experience or training. Technical Requirements:
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in Basic English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Must meet or exceed the team expectations.
- An energetic personality.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Free Parking
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability