Host / Hostess
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Augustine, Saint Augustine, FL
Supervises and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons by performing the following duties.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- Greets guests (using established script), escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
- Adjusts complaints of customers and alerts supervisor of any problems not able to handle.
- Have a working knowledge of the dining room layout, table numbers, stations and servers working during your shift.
- Must be familiar enough with the menu to answer any questions the customers may have and should inform guests of any specials at time of seating.
- Answers telephone using the properly established telephone script.
- Takes room service orders when needed and upsells during the transaction.
- Prepares beverages and expedites food orders.
- Insure that upon entering the restaurant the customer is greeted within 10 seconds of entering.
- Assist in insuring the beverage service is provided within 3 minutes of seating
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One to three months related experience and/or training.
Must be flexible and with availability on Sunday’s a must
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Augustine
- Banquet Captain
- Breakfast Attendant
- Executive Housekeeping Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
- Host / Hostess
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- Lobby Attendant
- Lounge Server
- Maintenance Engineer
- Night Auditor
- Pool Attendant
- Restaurant Bartender
- Restaurant Server
- Room Attendant
- Starbucks Barista