Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport, Greensboro, NC
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in hotel and restaurant by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :( include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Maintains a Preventive Maintenance Program within the rooms to insure they are being kept up to standards on a quarterly basis and the proper documentation is being recorded.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- When coming in contact with a customer, acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting is given at all times.
- Associate is able to assist customer on in house outlet information along with local information.
- Response to maintenance requests received from the housekeeping department is responded to within 10 minutes or less.
- Response to customer requests for maintenance assistance is responded to in 10 minutes or less.
- Parking Lot and Grounds will be patrolled on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- Pool chemical testing must be completed a minimum of once a day.
- Emergency lighting is to be checked a minimum of once a week.
- In room smoke detectors are to be checked monthly.
- Customers name will be used at all times upon entering a room to repair a maintenance request.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will have the knowledge to be empowered to assist the customer in resolving the problem.
- Keep a daily maintenance log of all work performed on all areas of the hotel/motel.
- Comply with all OSHA standards and be aware of any potential chemical hazards and the protective equipment needs in handling them.
- Maintain property exterior curb appeal and landscaping per company procedure and standards.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus