Hotel Front Desk Agent
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria, Atlanta, GA
Why You Want to Work for Us
Hospitality Ventures is a privately owned, fully-integrated hotel ownership and management organization based in Atlanta, Georgia. The company was formed in 2001 and currently owns and/or operates 28 hotels located in 16 states. Eighteen hotels currently operate as Hilton or Marriott brands. The senior leadership team has experience owning and managing hotel portfolios, ranging in size up to 143 properties. We are currently seeking candidates for the Front Office position. Please carefully review the following functions, qualifications and skills required to determine whether this position would be a good fit for you.
Responsibilities for this Position
- POSITION PURPOSE:
- Accommodates guests of hotel or motel by performing the following duties.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and escort instructions to Bellhop.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- May be required at any time to fill in the job duties of either the Reservationist or the PBX operator.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the FD computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- Uses guests name a minimum of three times during check-in and check-out.
- Insures that incoming calls to the switchboard are answered within six rings.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist customers when questioned.
- Bucket checks must be performed a minimum of one time per shift.
- When responding to the switchboard the proper TAKE 1 script must be used at all times.
- Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of time request was made.
- Respond to customer immediately upon entering the lobby.
- Room directions along with hotel outlets along with hours of operation must be explained to all customers.
- Outgoing fax messages must be sent within two minutes from the time requested.
- Customers must be notified of an incoming fax with 30 minutes.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer in solving this problem.
- Telephone messages must be communicated to customer within 1 minute of receiving the call.
- Courtesy calls must be placed to newly rented rooms to insure customer is completely satisfied
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- ONQ Certified, preferred
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Computer experience required.
- Must meet or exceed the team expectations.
- An energetic personality.
- High School degree or equivalent.
Current Job Openings
at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria