Restaurant Food Runner
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, Plantation, FL
The beautiful Sheraton Suites Plantation currently has an opportunity for an Excellent Restaurant Food Runner!
Who this job will appeal to
- Friendly and professional restaurant busperson/food runner who enjoys fast paced environment ensuring guest satisfaction.
What you will be doing
- Greet all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful, CARING attitude of EXCELLENCE
- Set and prepare tables for dining, including, but not limited to, folding napkins, cleaning and placing tableware, serving water, etc.
- Ensure tableware is in good and working condition and report any defects for repair
- Stock, maintain and clean designated food station(s)
- Assist food server(s) with table service, including, but not limited to, serving beverages, breads, etc.
- Prepare and replenish foods hot and cold buffets to include, but not limited to, fruit, juices, cereals, bread, hot food, etc.
- Transport food items to and from the kitchen to the outlets
- Retrieve and transport dirty tableware to dishwashing area
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Provides standard directions to guests
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of F&B preparation, service standards, guest relations and restaurant etiquette
- Abide by company appearance standards and with the designated uniform
- Ability and dedication to exceed service standards and providing these services the the highest degree
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed
- Three to six months related experience and/or training.