Benton Convention Center, Winston-Salem, NC
To provide guests with consistent quality service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Insure constant attention to all customers’ needs and take necessary action to insure complete guest satisfaction.
- Read banquet/catering orders pertaining to assigned function (be familiar with menu and service procedures.
- Upsell Food and Beverage whenever possible.
- Insure all napkins, china, glassware, and silverware are spotless, polished and impeccable.
- Attend all department meetings.
- Report all shortages of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain positive professional attitude with fellow associates and any customers at all times.
- Comply with all side work assignments.
- Have knowledge of and practice all safety and fire procedures.
- Follow all house rules adhering to specified standards of grooming, uniforms and attendance.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Insure all set up of a meeting are completed a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time.
- Insure the response time for any changes in set up is no more than the standard of 10 minutes.
- Coordinate and insure the set-up of food buffet a minimum of 5 minutes prior to break.
- Insure the proper refreshing of the breaks and water stations (minimum of every 60 minutes or as needed if sooner).
- Insure any messages are delivered within 5 minutes of time received.
- Insure Audio Visual Equipment is set up within 30 minutes of scheduled function.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist customers when questioned.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself to assist the customer at all times.
- Associate will make every effort to obtain customers name and use it when addressing customer.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.