Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa I-44, Tulsa, OK
Plan, prep, set-up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Direct, train and monitor performance of line cooks. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
• Meet with the Executive Chef/ Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
• Ensure that opening shift completes startup of kitchen line and designated prep work according to department procedures.
• Complete opening duties: o Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
o Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies.
o Ensure everything complies with standards.
o Check production schedule and pars with each station or every cook.
o Establish priority items for the day.
o Inform the Executive Chef or Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the days tasks.
o Transport supplied from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
o Fabricate meat, fish and fowl for menu items when needed.
• Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
• Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
• Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
• Inform the Executive Chef/ Sous Chef of any shortages before items run out.
• Monitor performance of assigned staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
• Be aware of all guest counts and count all food amounts.
• Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Executive Chef/ Sous Chef to optimize service to guest.
• Inform Executive Chef/ Sous Chef of any items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
• Maintain production charts according to department standards.
• Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by the Health Department and hotel requirements.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
• Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
• Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
• Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process.
• Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to departmental standards: o Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
o Rotate all returned products.
o Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
o Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
o Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, and shelves.
o Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to specified locations.
o Ice down hot items from the steam table so they cool quickly.
o Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
o Make sure all seafood is iced down and meats are stored on clean pans.
o Check on every stations closing procedure before leaving.
• Review status of work and follow-up actions with the Executive Chef/Sous-Chef before leaving.
• Successfully complete the training certification process.
• Assist with inventories as scheduled.
• Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
• Perform duties in other areas of the kitchen as assigned.
• Work at off premise functions.
• Attend designated meetings.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through.
• Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
• Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timeliness for guest food orders.
• Ability to maintain good coordination.
• Ability to transport cases of received goods to work station; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
• Ability to work a five+ hour shift in hot, noisy and sometimes close conditions.
• Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved.
• Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
• Ability to differentiate dates.
• Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in the job functions.
• Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
• Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• Must have own tools.
• Artistic talent.
• Good culinary knowledge of cooking basics.
• Ability to create specials or special recipes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.