Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa I-44, Tulsa, OK
To go above and beyond guests expectations while providing assistance and services for guests in order to ensure pleasurable accommodations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
· To warmly greet answer questions or give directions to happenings or locations within the hotel, explain hotel and convention center facilities, and assist with information about the local area.
· Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task and be an ambassador for the hotel.
· Practice teamwork, create a positive work environment.
· Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, no matter how busy.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Be familiar with all systems and equipment as related to Guest Services.
· Inquire as to how our guests are enjoying their stay.
· Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained.
· Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
· Utilize bell carts effectively and with caution.
· Be familiar with local attractions and businesses. Be sure to recommend on-site venues first.
· Be familiar with all hotel amenities (to include Wireless Internet, Select Guest Program, Laundry Services).
· Be familiar with all hotel facilities (F&B Outlets, Business Center, Fitness Center, Outdoor Pool, & Meeting Space).
· Be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include Ideal Services, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B Outlets, Banquets, Sales and Engineering
· Ensure that the public area (lobby) is maintained, clean and tidy by partnering with Housekeeping department.
· Accept other special duties as required by management.
· Set up all amenities for guests celebrating special occasions.
· Speak with guests in a friendly, warm manner making them feel welcome to the hotel.
· Proactively work to seek out ways in which to improve the hotel experience for our guests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Previous luxury hotel experience in front office or guest services required.
· Provide information including hotel information, local area information and activities to guests
· Knowledge of the surrounding area and all of its attractions
· Be available to provide directional assistance to conference attendees/ guests between meetings and function breaks
· Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
· Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
· Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule and willingness to weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.