Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa I-44, Tulsa, OK
Are you an experienced server that wants to join a team that works in a historic steakhouse inside of a historic hotel? Then this position at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa's Cattleman's Steakhouse may be for you!
The job duties and responsibilities of Restaurant Server include, but are not limited to:
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Provides beverage service within 3 minutes from time guest was seated.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it within 3 minutes from time seated.
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Serves patrons meals within the 20 minute time period.
- Completes a checkback within 2 minutes after customer receives meal
- Associate makes every effort to obtain customers name and use it a minimum of 2 times during the meal.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to Cashier within 1 minute of time requested.
- Associate is in full uniform (including name tag) at all times.
- Ladles soup, tosses salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services as determined by establishment's size and practices.
- Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each course and completely resets table within 5 minutes of time customer departs.
- When approached with a problem, associate will empower himself/herself at all times to assist customer in resolving the problem.
- Associate will become a resident expert on in-house information along with local information to assist customer when questioned on these two areas.
- Assist host/hostess in the seating of customers when needed.
- Completion of all opening, running (during service time), and closing sidework assigned each shift.
- Assist co-workers when needed throughout the shift.
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned.
- Use of proper serving procedures as outlined in the certification/training program.
The physical demands of a Restaurant Server include but are not limited to:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.